Your privacy is important to us. It is Sway’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you, by following principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
We only ask for information when we need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
Information we may collect
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Online shopping and customer services through lifecycle – to manage your online purchase, send you delivery status updates, and handle all other customer service related aspects through the customer lifecycle, including managing inquiries, handling complaints and/ or product return matters. Your data will also be used for identification, to validate your legal age for shopping online and to confirm your address with external partners such as shipping companies necessary to procure product delivery
- Direct marketing – to send marketing information, new in product information, promotional offers, back in stock updates, invitations for events, recommendations of products which we think may be of interest to you and reminders such as of an abandoned shopping cart
- Competitions such as when you opt into competitions or as part of ongoing competition offers, we will process and use your data to identify you, contact you to provide information regarding the competition activity and to deliver and follow up after competition completion
- Legal matters such as when required, we will share your personal data to comply with legal obligations, court rulings and/or decisions from appropriate authorities. This includes to use your personal data to collect and verify accounting data to comply with bookkeeping rules
- Your Account such as to create an account for the purpose of managing data and to enable information related to orders and shopping history. This also includes contact and payment data. Please note that your payment data will not be available to staff. Payment data will only be shared with authorized third parties for the purpose of processing your order at check out
- Product, service & experience improvements such as usage of information gathered through all aforementioned sources internally by Sway to bring you products, services and experiences better suited to your needs, preferences and tastes
Who we may share information with
- Carefully selected and authorized third parties with whom we have a relationship and who may contact you or utilize your data only for reasons pre-agreed with us
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, information technology, website maintenance, surveys and market research, warehousing and logistics, couriers, advertising and marketing or any service required to process your order
- Professional services providers such as, but not limited to, legal, audit, financial, compliance and insurance advisers
- Any legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government or municipal bodies
- Any gift recipient or provider of any warranty in relation to your order
Measures to protect your data
Sway takes measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honoured. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We guarantee your e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure. Your full payment card details are captured only for the purposes of processing your order and are not stored, sold or rented by us. Your full payment card details are not available to Sway staff. All card transactions are managed by trusted, certified and legally authorized partners who are responsible for ensuring that your payment details remain secure during the payment process. When you place orders or access your personal account information, you’re utilizing secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it’s sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. It is your responsibility to keep your user name and password confidential, so do not share these with others.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that Sway has no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
If for some reason you believe Sway has not adhered to these principles, please notify us immediately through our Contact Us page and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 1 July 2020.